SB 65 would impose a massive tax on e-liquid and cartridges of 4 cents per mg of nicotine contained in the product. At first glance, this may not sound like much, but it would double or triple the cost of most vapor products in New Mexico.
This bill will be heard in the Senate Corporations and Transportation Committee TODAY (2/18/15) at 2:00PM (MST).
Taxation under SB 65
- 30 ml bottle, 3.6% (36 mg/ml) - $43.20
- 30 ml bottle, 2.4% (24 mg/ml) - $28.80
- 30 ml bottle, 1.8% (18 mg/ml) - $21.60
- 30 ml bottle, 1.2% (12 mg/ml) - $14.40
- 30 ml bottle, 0.6% (6 mg/ml) - $7.20
Please take action now to oppose this attack on vapor products!
- Oppose SB 65 - Send an Email
Please note, we are following other bills in NM that we will need your help to oppose. There are also other common sense bills that may be worthy of support. We will issue an updated call to action as we learn more.