#FollowFriday - Share your story with US Senators
Here’s something really simple you can do that could potentially have a notable impact on leaders in the US Senate and their views toward vapor products.
As you might already know, this year’s Omnibus Budget Bill may include language that will effectively change the grandfather date for products newly deemed as tobacco products by the FDA. The language has already made it into the House version of this bill, but we need to make sure it gets into the Senate version as well.
In addition to sending emails and making phone calls to your Representatives and Senators, please follow the steps below to engage them on social media. Please make sure that any tweets or Facebook posts that you direct at lawmakers are respectful and informative.
(1) If you are on Twitter, make sure you have something about vaping in your profile. “I Vape - I Vote” is a good thing to include. You might also want to consider pinning a tweet about how vaping has helped you.
(2) #FollowFriday, #FF - Please go to Twitter and follow the Senators below.
S. Appropriations Cmte. - Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development,
Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
Roy Blunt (MO)
Thad Cochran (MS)
Susan M. Collins (ME)
Steve Daines (MT)
John Hoeven (ND)
Mitch McConnell (KY)
Jerry Moran (KS)
Tammy Baldwin (WI)
Dianne Feinstein (CA)
Patrck J. Leahy (VT)
Jeff Merkley (OR)
Barbara A. Mikulski (MD)
Jon Tester (MT)
Tom Udall (NM)
(3) Share your story in 140 characters or less about how vaping has helped you with the Senators listed above. If you’ve submitted your story to CASAA’s testimonials project, you can search for it on the testimonials site and tweet the link to it (see example below). If you haven’t submitted your story, please take a moment to do so now. We are adding testimonials every day, so your story will be posted soon and you can come back later to use it for your tweet.
- Search your name on CASAA’s Testimonials Site:
- Click your name on the search return:
- Copy the link:
- Paste the link into a Tweet:
(4) You can also send out these pre-written, fully editable tweets (for future twitter and Facebook related engagements, please visit Fight for Your Right to Vape Daily Action Plan and sign up to receive email notices for posts):